The Leadership Link Mentoring Program is a partnership with the Terre Haute Rotary Club and Leadership Connect of West Central Indiana (formally Young Leaders). It is designed to bring experienced professionals together with young professionals in the Wabash Valley. This relationship will help fine-tune up and coming leaders in our community while allowing experienced professionals to network with different individuals.
Who Can Participate?
Any dues-paying member of Leadership Connect can apply with no additional program fees.
The relationship developed by the mentorship program will benefit both the mentor and the mentee. The mentor’s advice and guidance may help lead the mentee to a successful future, while the mentee’s new ideas and point of view could add to the mentor’s already successful career. All will gain new perspective and great networking opportunities.
How it works
- Attend Mentor Program functions (kick-off event Thursday January 16th and closing meeting TBD)
- Get together for a Mentor/Mentee meeting at least once a month for six months.
- Come prepared to meetings with questions or ideas
- Be open to new ideas
- Allow for open communication allowing questions and differing opinions
- Give and receive advice related to career field based on past experience
- Complete one service project as a Mentor/Mentee group
Who are the Mentors?
Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders, united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. The Terre Haute Roarty Club has over a hundred members wo are all leaders within our community.
What will I gain from this program?
- Insight from the careers of experienced professionals
- Enhanced networks
- Information on career planning to develop career goals
- Greater awareness of career opportunities
- Increased communication skills and experience in working with teams
- The opportunity to provide insight and a unique perspective via reverse mentoring
Complete the below application link by 10/31/19. Applications will then be reviewed and only 10 will be selected for this year’s program. Matched mentees will be informed of their match in December and will be invited to a program kick-off event on Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:30 pm to meet their mentor.